Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Month 2 of 2015: Goal progress report

I only had 4 goals for 2015, but have now added a 5th after getting bad cholesterol level readings at the end of January. That means I really have to be careful what I eat and start walking more. Here's my report of how I did in February.

February 2015

1. NEW: Eat to reduce bad cholesterol levels - not pastry/cookies out, less meat and even more vegetables. Weigh self daily and record.
- I have been doing better and my weight has been maintained.

2. Work out at the gym at least twice a week with longer treadmill sessions added AND walk on other days (unless traveling, etc.).
- Gym:  Not such a success story. Went to the gym 4 times. One week I was sidelined with a back injury but the rest was lack of motivation.
- Walk: Only on the treadmill and short dog walks this month!

2. Buy the clothing needed to have a wardrobe I love to wear that fits my life right now.
- I went through my closet using my color swatch and guidelines to see what I could find to create the wardrobe I want. Made a list and am only shopping for those things I actually need.

- What I bought this month all fits my style recipe and colors. Each item either replaces one that is worn out/doesn't fit or is on my shopping list. I bought navy and black belts, navy socks, lounge/exercise knit pants, and 2 summer tops.    

- I modified 3 items to make them work better. Blue buttons instead of black on a blue sweater, a silver chain for a pendant instead of a black cord and took in a pair of shorts. Tried with another necklace but still don't like it so am donating it. The local bead shop owner was very helpful and these jewelry changes were just over $3.

3. Go through all files, office supplies and my books and only keep what brings me happiness, is used regularly or will be used up over time.
- I eliminated from the house 8 more items and 1 1/4" of paper. Slow progress.

4. Disentangle from all of my volunteer roles for the Friends of the Library in preparation for moving in 2017.
- I have found someone who will take over the Membership chair role in mid-summer. Yeah!

Then there are the mushier goals.

5. Love and be loved.
- Friends: Spent an evening with my lovely women friends at book club. Spent the day with a different group of friend selling used books to raise library funds. Attended a board meeting and did my volunteer stints at the library.
- Family: Went out to lunch on Valentine's Day with my husband and out to dinner twice.

6. Have fun - and I'm adding, have adventures.
- Need to work on this.

7. Find joy in everyday life even when it involves chores LOL.
- Thank goodness for Trader Joe's. I treated my self to two bunches of tulips that brightened our dining room table.

So, what's on deck for March?

- Warmer weather will enable more walking outdoors which I prefer. I've also created a gym schedule I am really going to try to stick with for this month.
- The closet in the office is getting focused attention for decluttering.
- Time to transfer the Friends of the Library membership email lists to Gmail so it will be ready for the new chairperson. I don't know how to do that so it is time to learn.
- I have identified clothes to alter and shop for and will put both activities on my calendar.
- Definitely going to the art museum and hopefully something else fun.

2 comments:

  1. Tulips, I like the sound of that! And a trip to the art museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got caught up on your posts. You have been busy! Sorry about your back but happy to know it is better. I love the goals you set for yourself and I think it is terribly exciting that you have this future move to look forward to. : )

    ReplyDelete

Focusing on ease of maintenance - Thriving Week 16

CURRENT MINIMALISM MINDSET  After one year in this house I’m not stopping decluttering or reorganizing as appropriate but every time I clean...