Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

What's up for April and March retrospective

I'm looking at the calendar and see I've got quite a bit planned for April.

Travel 
- trip to visit my Mom, brother and SIL in NH in early April
- book club weekend away at a member's mountain get away
Art
- one or two classes a week at nearby county arts center and "homework" in between
- I am hoping to be a "judge's assistant" the day before a big arts festival
- hoping to walk to nearby festival
Volunteering
- planning meetings and activities for May Friends of the Library book sale
- regular weekly shift sorting donated books
Exercise & Health
- final two Pilates sessions
- home exercise space ready to use
- start a home exercise program to replace private Pilates sessions with trainer
- find out if my braces are going to come off before son's wedding
- pre-op testing for cataract surgery
Celebrations
- our 32nd wedding anniversary
- a bridal shower for a friend's daughter
Personal Challenges
- stick to Spring Project 333 wardrobe with no purchases for that season
- shop thrift/consignment stores for needed summer clothes
- limit time on computer to maximum of 1 hour a day
- try for an "Austerity April" in terms of food and entertainment spending except when visiting Mom.

In addition, it will be time to get some Spring yard work done, the dog needs grooming before she is boarded in early April, and all the routine stuff will need to happen.  

Now let's take a look at how March went! 

I kept up with my Pilates weekly sessions and walked the dog a bit more including taking her to the park a couple of times. Not so great at keeping up with my PT exercises on a daily basis but my shoulder is getting better.

I bought quite a few clothes including getting my Mother of the Groom outfit and am happy with them all. Created list for my Spring Project 333 wardrobe and decided to get rid of one item on my Winter list as I really don't like it. I also bought a Kindle and have found ways to get free ebooks. I'll take it on my trip in early April and be happy to have reading in a very lightweight format.

I did more fun things and started an art class. Spent more time with friends and talked to loved ones who live a long way away more often. This was a really good thing!

My goal of saving EXTRA for retirement is progressing. I saved or made decisions that will save money later this year to a tune of $848.41 in March for a total of $1686.12 in extra savings so far this year.

We didn't Fix Up much - just a doorknob and the painting of a purchased table so it fits with our decor.

Not the most productive month ever but it will do.

1 comment:

  1. I think your March was very productive and April will pack a punch! ONE hour a day on the computer - I could never do that!

    ReplyDelete

A crow shouting match & a charming book - Thriving week 20

I borrowed this book from the library and it was surprisingly charming. Inspired during the worst of the pandemic by the need to have someth...