- Make myself happier with the reality of staying put in this house with this yard. I want to feel refreshed not stressed by the house & yard.
- Have each room work well - fits what we use it for, is as easy to maintain as possible, we don't hate anything about it (low bar to meet there!).
- Bring in a livelier color palette and some visual changes without repainting walls or trim.
- Make sure the things we use often are of good quality and work well.
The first area of focus will be our bathrooms. Small piece of real estate, but both need total remodeling which isn't going to happen. April is their chance to shape up!
I made an early start by buying a plant for the hanging plant holder in our upstairs bathroom. It had been empty for months and a whole $4.30 later now looks nice. I also bought some OxiClean and waterproof work gloves as the grout on the floors remains dingy no matter what I do. Worth a try. I think I'll start there as it sure beats paying for re-grouting. Funds remaining: $483.95
Other ideas for the upstairs bath -
- New curtains in a pattern instead of the plain cream ones
- Repaint inside of small cupboards over sink
- New towels and bathmat might be on the list