Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2024

Road Trip Part 2 - Fascinating art, Visiting friends & coastal drive


Wednesday afternoon I walked to the USC Asia Pacific museum to se the special exhibit recommended by my DIL. Art made over many decades using gunpowder, pigment, mirrors, and other materials. I really like most of the artist’s works and his process and reasoning was fascinating. Special Exhibit




Thursday’s first freeway drive was a well practiced one from Pasadena to Camarillo. It is a pretty drive as you go near the foothills and although there is lots of traffic it is not nearly as much as the other more direct route. More miles but less time and stress.

I spent the morning and lunch with a group of friends and then went over to my closest friend’s new to her house and had a good visit. I headed back on the road again at about 3:30 so I could make it to San Luis Obispo before dark. The Hampton Inn and Suites is right off the freeway and they very apologetically asked if I would mind an upgrade as they needed the two bed room I had reserved. No problem 😆 and the room is really nice.

Tomorrow I will drive a bit further north on 101 and then cut over to I-5 to zoom back home. Definitely have my freeway driving confidence back but the vigilance required is tiring so I’m glad I broke it into smaller segments.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Road Trip Part 2 - Fascinating art, Visiting friends & coastal drive

Wednesday afternoon I walked to the USC Asia Pacific museum to se the special exhibit recommended by my DIL. Art made over many decades usin...