Pages

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Week 50: What to leave behind in 2024

I was reading this blog post on Be More With Less 7 Heavy Things To Leave Behind and it really resonated.

I am contemplating what I most need to leave behind as 2024 nears and think it is probably expectations and reticence. Not an easy thing to do.

The opposite is true too of course as thinking about what you want to take with you into the new year is equally important. 

What would you find most valuable to leave behind as you head into a new year?




7 comments:

  1. I think what I would like to leave behind are hurt feelings.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are able to do this and feel better as a result.

      Delete
  2. This week we donated a drop leaf table with all four leaves, and a large-round end table. There is SO much more that needs to go. But knowing that these two things are out of my home and life actually does make things feel lighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share your feeling about things being lighter with excess stuff gone. Great start.

      Delete
  3. The idea of leaving things behind in 2024 makes for a lot of self-examination and I'm probably going to come up with list of my own.Thanks for the link and idea. I've made New Year's resolutions since I was ten or eleven this is a new twist on an old tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to leave behind so much sadness about the future that is different than what I planned. While I'm here crying about what I've lost, I'm not plotting a path to what I want and that frustrates me so!

    ReplyDelete

Self and Home Care - Thriving Week 17

Healthy self care is a challenge when I am stressed, lonely or bored and the sugar, salt, alcohol goodies call to me. I am trying very hard ...