Pages

Monday, September 2, 2024

Loving gifts

A neighbor asked me on Sunday if we had plans for the day and I said yes as it was my birthday celebration with my family. Later they and another neighbor showed up with this bouquet! We lucked out on neighbors for sure.

 

My family has been paying attention to who I am at this point and what I actually would want for a gift! That alone is a gift as being known is important.
I received the perfect gifts: 

They spent a big chunk of my birthday on Sunday with us 

While the baby napped and the others went to the park, my son listened to me struggling to get through tech choices plus other things on my mind. Then he solved the problem of my old kindle not holding a charge by saying he would just order me a new one and make the decision for me. He also said he would go to the Apple Store with me if I decide on switching to Apple and then help me transfer everything from my 2013 desktop. That whole discussion made me realize I am overwhelmed with decisions and tasks and not using my prioritizing skills to get out focused and feel less overwhelmed.

We had a lovely meal prepared by Hubby and strawberry shortcake with homemade sweet biscuits just like childhood memory made by my lovely DIL. However the older granddaughter was not amused to find out it wasn’t really cake! 

I also received a houseplant and a handmade by my other DIL pottery holder for our oil bottle that sits by the stove.

A lovely birthday.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, belatedly! Carey's was Friday. Sounds like you had a lovely day! Hope the year ahead brings many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did have a lovely birthday with your family. Really nice neighbours as well, you certainly did luck out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Having your son solve your tech issues in the way he did is no small gift of time and a caring heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, and he stays so calm, listens well and asks helpful questions.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are well loved and were well celebrated. How nice to have your husband prepare the meal and your DIL to make a childhood favorite dessert. Yes, yes, yes...I meant to mention in your other post...please move from desktop computer to laptop - whatever format. You will be so free to take it from room to room, outdoors, to the coffee shop.
    Glad you son ordered you a new Kindle. My daughter recently sent me her Kindle (a much newer movel than my own) when mine started acting up. Thank goodness for loving children.
    Happy belated birthday!! XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Busy week - Thriving week 37

I’m really enjoying the speed, screen clarity and battery life on my new Kindle. Big thanks to my son and another thanks to him for paying e...