Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Prep for company, my looming 75 - Thriving week 35

By the time this post is up my son and DIL who live in S. Cal will have arrived for a stopover visit. Just one full day but on their way back home we will get to see them again ❤️. Our local son and the two grandgirls will be over for a family dinner tonight but since it is back to school night our DIL can’t make it. We are going to order take out as we are just too tired to have to cook. Glad to have the money to throw at this kind of thing. Getting ready for guests staying over really was a matter of getting extra food, making the bed, adding towels, cleaning the bathroom, and doing a quick dusting and dust mopping.

I’m still slowly working my way around the house cleaning and lubricating windows. So far it has gone well but now I have discovered one bedroom window is missing a part that helps hold it in the track and tilt out for cleaning. Of course the company that made these windows is out of business but we found a source for that part. However another part also needs replacing and that one is beyond our skill level. I have also found many screens that were re-screened very amateurishly but that is easily fixable. As my DIL said, at least your windows seal tightly! 😉

And then there is my soon to arrive 75th birthday this Sunday. What we are doing is dinner tonight with almost the whole family and then Hubby and I are going to try a new restaurant overlooking Richmond Bay Marina. I am on a quest to find a few restaurants I want to go to more than once!

4 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful birthday.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all! It has started off last night with the whole immediate family for late afternoon visit & dinner(DIL just made it for dessert after back to school night). The little girls stayed in good moods the whole time and the pup wore himself out but wouldn’t leave the party! My heart is full and we are yet to have the local family for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Busy week - Thriving week 37

I’m really enjoying the speed, screen clarity and battery life on my new Kindle. Big thanks to my son and another thanks to him for paying e...