Pages

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Week 39: Hello October and big yard progress




I took pictures of the backyard from the 2nd floor balcony and from the existing patio. Lots of progress. You can see where the plants will go and there will be a bench in the gravel area off the walk. More gravel and stones for the walk our front were delivered Friday. The end is in sight!

The hard working landscapers, including Hubby, made huge progress though. It is kind of like a home painting project in the respect that you prep, prep some more, and then get to the nice part. There were more surprises in the destruction of the old front yard.

  • Why put weed cloth, soil, black plastic, soil, more weed cloth, and then more soil down? We are astonished anything grew there!
  • Why would you pile dirt against the bottom chimney bricks and mortar in a wet climate? It is not surprising the mortar needs repointing!
  • Why were there old termite bait stations all over the yard yet there still was a termite problem? At least we have already addressed that with termite treatment that actually works.
We are taking care of all of this and more but 😟

I was busy all week but my to do list is pretty much unchanged although a couple of things did move forward. What did I do besides read and tend to the dog and house? I got my flu shot and as usual didn’t feel well for a short while. Two down (RSV and flu) and only Covid to go. 

I did the Trader Joe’s shopping this week and am enjoying pumpkin waffles. Of all the pumpkin items they had I only bought 2 boxes of those and some cans of pumpkin for baking.

We got the earthquake retrofit work scheduled for the third week of October so that will be our last big new home expense until we get our updated retroactive property tax bill. 

The pup got groomed and had a great time doing so. I had some really nice chats with new acquaintances and came up with some storage space rearranging ideas that may help the house work better for us once I do them.

Onward to the first week of October with a thankful heart and large bills still to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Busy week - Thriving week 37

I’m really enjoying the speed, screen clarity and battery life on my new Kindle. Big thanks to my son and another thanks to him for paying e...