Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Week 30: Time for fun & big progress

Happy feet with new shoes

My nearby son called Wednesday afternoon and asked if I wanted to go try the wine bar near us. A fun time just the two of us visiting and a nice funky place to go back to. So great to have these spontaneous times together.

 I’m also enjoying the vibes of this small city and its residents. Kind, gentle and a bit funky. Very walkable too.

CHECKED OFF

Termite damage repaired and white fungus treated. Schedule date for termite chemical treatment.

Electrical work completed - finally - and for $500 less than the estimate.

Picked a plumber for basic work. Waiting for an estimate. Still have to research switching from a gas water heater to an electric on demand one and find a plumber with expertise in that.

Agreed to big picture and starting point for landscaping. It’s going to be very expensive so we want to end up with something we really like that will last.

DECLUTTERING 

Going through all areas of house and decluttering again rather ruthlessly. Questions I’m asking depending on what it is: 

          Is it likely I will use/enjoy it in my new home/lifestyle? 

          Is it expired, worn out, etc? 

          Would it be easy and inexpensive to replace?

           If keeping it, should it be stored here or elsewhere?

This week I removed and did not replace 20 items.



6 comments:

  1. You are really getting things checked off your list. Up here electric is much more expensive than gas.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a big push here to switch to electric as a cleaner & more efficient energy source. Gas lines also cause fires when there is an earthquake. Our furnace, water heater and stove are all gas right now.

      Delete
  2. Those are great questions to ask yourself when downsizing. I will incorporate them into my process. We just got home last night from 10 days or so away, so I will be getting back to the decluttering process tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your questions at the end there. Very appropriate and I think I'll borrow them. I like the question is it/does it fit with my life now? I think I'll do a go around in the house and see what I come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you get spontaneous outings with your family now. Makes all the hard work of moving worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful. Now to add friends and activities to our life.

      Delete

Lilacs, technology and insurance - Thriving week 36

I saw this lilac bush on one of my 7am dog walks and it brought back memories of the lilac bushes in my childhood backyard in Illinois. I re...