Pages

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Hello August!

This will be my last month as a 73 year old and I’m still struggling with the idea that my brother turned 77 in mid July. Good news for both of us that we are still here lol.

I’m used to Augusts that are the dog days of summer but summer as I define it is barely here in the Berkeley area. I suspect I will get very few days to wear summer clothes and those will be in September or October.

It is time though to get out and enjoy our new area, eat seasonally, enjoy being near the bay and San Francisco, and up my healthy habits.

We will keep on getting through our list of home improvements and probably start picking up granddaughter from first grade once a week. My older son and DIL are visiting briefly soon right before we have a few days of Nana and Papa camp for the eldest granddaughter.

It is time to decide what I want to get involved in and reach out to potential friends and nice neighbors.

I hope it will be a fun month and the start of being more connected.

What are your plans for the month?

1 comment:

  1. You have a great plan, and hopefully you will meet lots of new and interesting people.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Busy week - Thriving week 37

I’m really enjoying the speed, screen clarity and battery life on my new Kindle. Big thanks to my son and another thanks to him for paying e...