Pages

Monday, April 24, 2023

Spring goals and bucket list

Inspired by Leslie's ongoing commitment to seasonal goals and bucket lists that actually get done (Spring 2023 goals & bucket list) and having unpacked almost all of our moving boxes, I think it is time I try to get back to doing this as well!

SPRING GOALS

For Me & My Well-Being

Exercise daily

    - Pilates online, stretching routine and long walks on sidewalks, nearby trails, botanical garden

Join a group or 2 

    - Give AAUW a try, library Mystery book club (Zoom for now)

Take a class/go to talks 

    - Try senior center/rec center/swim center programs 

Follow through on training the pup - and teach granddaughter the lesson of the week

    - I paid for Your Home School the Dog program and need to download the video/program sequence and do it!!!

For Our New Home

 Finish the repair/upgrade punch list

    - Electrical, Plumbing, Earthquake retrofit and drainage, Termite repair and mold treatment

Find someone to do  landscape design and installation

    - Goals are low water use, very low maintenance, great pup area and high grandchild play value + pretty flower and plants

Patio and front porch made fun & functional

    - Furniture, pots of plants, play space

Finish clearing out and organizing laundry/storage room aka the former garage

Establish  purpose for little room attached to bedroom and decorate - exercise to videos + linen & other storage???

SPRING BUCKET LIST

Invite neighbor(s) over for a drink/visit

Invite son's MIL over for a visit along with son and family

Continue Wednesday after school with granddaughter

Take photos of house as "finish" each room and post on blog

Tour UC Berkeley's Blake Garden & city recycling center

Try El Cerrito Natural Grocery store, take out and eat in locations

Try El Cerrito and Kensington farmer's markets

Go to local theater production

Visit local yarn store


2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm dropping by and noticed your spring bucket list! My brother lives in Kensington. I grew up in the BayArea and took a class at Berkeley during the 60's. Nice vibe having the campus in town. Like you we made the leap and moved to Portland to be close to the grands and assist when needed. When I left the work world, I had shuttle duty getting the gk's to school in the morning. My back seat was filled with 3, then 2 and then 1. Two girls and a boy. The girls are teenagers now and my grandson is 10. Time moves fast when watching the kids grow up. Getting to know a new area when moving is so engaging. May I suggest the EastBay regional parks district to visit. Many locations throughout the BayArea and Tilden park near you that has a Merry-go-round, steam trains, pony rides and a visitor's nature center for starters. We attend most of the grands activities and do the pickups when needed. Yes, it was worth the move to become part of our grandkids lives. I'm also a drummer like your hubby.
    The BayArea has a great music scene too. Best wishes for a smooth transition in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet to mention me. And I am so impressed with your goals and bucket list. You've inspired me with a few of the things you mentioned. I am knee-deep in spring cleaning and need to photograph each room as I finish. So proud of myself.

    Will be eager to see photos of your house and the landscaping you have done. We are having the grands over to inaugurate our repaired pool this weekend.

    Hope you will find some groups/clubs that you enjoy and become as active with as was the case with your book club in your former home. The senior center sounds like it offers a number of great activities.

    I feel guilty for not inviting my daughter's in-laws over much. They live here in town but the language barrier makes things difficult. And PC and I are very hands-on grandparents and they are less so. Maybe this summer we will ask them for a swim and BBQ.

    Quick!! Check out a local yarn store...take pics. And go to a local theater production. Those should be easy activities to accomplish and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Busy week - Thriving week 37

I’m really enjoying the speed, screen clarity and battery life on my new Kindle. Big thanks to my son and another thanks to him for paying e...