There are small and not so small things to be thankful for each week.
1. A front basket on the knee scooter! Why would they rent one without it? Glad I bought one that included the basket.
2. I was able to wash my hair in the kitchen sink the day after surgery which was great because I wash my hair every day or every two days.
3. Day 3 post surgery I was able to let the dog out first thing rather than waking Hubby. We bought a retractable leash just for this purpose so I can stay inside and she can reach the grass. She figured out what to do right away being a smart little poodle.
4. I am very thankful for effective painkillers . Ironically as I write this there is a news headline that Johnson & Johnson is paying $230 million to New York State to settle the damage done by opioid addiction. Luckily I know I won’t get addicted despite my gratefulness for Percocet. All I have to do is take off the anti-nausea patch and I won’t be able to keep one down. And they make me itch!
5. Phase two of recovery started Tuesday with a regular cast put on my foot and lower leg. Dr says it all looks good in the X-ray so only two weeks in the cast. After that a walking boot and crutches for phase 3
6. Wednesday was able to fully switch to just Tylenol instead of the opioid plus Tylenol painkiller.