On the one hand we have the West coast on fire with air unbreathable in many places, pandemic closures and life changes with no end able to be predicted - cue up the music from a Jaws and send in the hoards of locusts or who knows what is next. On the other hand, although I don’t keep a gratitude journal I’m trying hard to find bits of happiness.
Btw, we are being extra cautious about avoiding Covid risk because of age, my experience 16 years ago of virus caused heart inflammation and acute congestive heart failed (fully recovered but it took years) and that affecting some Covid patients, and hubby’s auto immune caused overactive immune system putting him at risk. We are lucky we can take great care but it makes little bits of happiness more important to note and harder to find as we are doing less.
- I was quite pleased with the quality of physical therapy provided in my first two visits and am happy to be on my way with that. Moving to just a cane to help with balance as I focus on being able to walk correctly again.
- I had my women’s club schedule a practice Zoom session for those who are new to it or simply a bit uncomfortable. We had 5 log in and found one who needs more assistance so I was pleased we did it. Our primary program speaker joined us to make sure we coul enable him to share docs on the screen.
- Then we had our first general club meeting since March and it went very well. Great program about the Ventura County Family Justice Center which is a one stop shop for victims and survivors of crime. We stayed on to chat after the program and got some more ideas for programs (emergency preparedness seems most apt in the midst of fires), an on line mystery theater where you each get roles, online crafting and so on. Attendance was 50% so we need to grow that but I am very pleased.
- The dog slept past 4:30 am most days which makes me very happy although being old girls together I do understand the call of the bladder.
- We have the space to provide our local son and DIL with a place to stay and work so they could escape the highly unhealthy smoke filled air in Pasadena. We head their way when fires are out here and they come here.
- The dog got a haircut today that cost almost 3 times what my garage stylist charged but she looks great and was quite happy when I picked her up.