Another week has passed and more bits of happiness to celebrate.
- Our Pasadena son and DIL have stayed with us for a week to avoid breathing really bad air and will stay at least through the weekend. They both are telecommuting just as they were at their house. The dog is ecstatic to have more people to pet her! Haven’t had this long a visit with them since moving back to California.
- On Sunday late afternoon we FaceTimed with the Berkeley family and mostly had a long visit with our almost 4 year old granddaughter who was quite chatty but then would just walk away for a bit and come back with a new topic, activity to show us or having gone to the bathroom lol. Her mom was cooking nearby and would chat till she came back. Almost like being there without the hugs and snuggles though.
- No more walking boot! Can’t do a happy dance yet though. And was able to get a flu shot. Yeah for health.
- To use up molasses I made a gingerbread cake with a lower calorie recipe. We had it for the “kids” afternoon work break or tea time as they call it. Light and delicious even though I was short on molasses so subbed brown sugar for white to up the flavor.
- Wore the the second of two new Fall tops I bought recently and really like it. With shorts both for the weather and morning PT workout.