Pages

Monday, December 2, 2019

Thanksgiving week 2019

I hope you had a lovely week and enjoyed your Thanksgiving if you are in the US.

We had a quiet week but ate really well. I tried some new recipes - Green lentil and Sweet Potato soup that was nicely spicy and a mostly veggie beef stew were both hits. We were just the 2 of us on Thanksgiving so I made a turkey loaf, sweet potato and coleslaw which we enjoyed along with pumpkin pie.

Our son and DIL had a Friendsgiving on Saturday that was also our celebration with them so I made a cinnamon apple galette and pumpkin ginger cookies. I love to bake but don't want it in the house to eat so this was perfect.

We have decided to attend 3 holiday music events this season and make donations at each. The first was yesterday and was the Cal State U Channel Islands Chorus "A Light in the Darkness:
Voices of Hope, Peace, Love, and Comfort" concert. Amazing selection and voices plus a great organist. Followed by dinner at a Mexican restaurant with friends.

We plan to attend a chamber orchestra and high school chorus event and a community band event this coming weekend. So looking forward to it. We also love live theater and the little local volunteer one has season tickets on sale now for a great price so I am contemplating doing that as well. Supporting local arts is where I am willing to spend for entertainment.

3 comments:

  1. You've got great plans for the holidays. I love the idea of supporting locally for your Christmas giving.

    I just noticed your Happiness Commandments to the right. good goals, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some lovely plans for the lead up to Christmas. Enjoy your concerts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way about deserts. I was in charge of bringing desert to my son's for Thanksgiving and although I brought home leftovers, I just brought one "large" piece of pie back to my house and all the leftovers stayed there,

    ReplyDelete

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...