I definitely got derailed soon after posting this update at the beginning of November! Death of my FIL, wildfire, family celebrations, holidays - lots of reasons.
Regardless of the reasons, our life commitments and options have changed since that update post. We no longer have the same reason to live where we are now that my FIL has passed away. That changes everything - perhaps!
So here is the modified version of my goals which are a mix of habit development and projects. They do need refinement and turned into actionable steps in some cases. Call it setting intentions and direction instead of goals.
But first I want to set one for my dog! Sleep past 4:30 am regularly in 2019 please LOL.
2019 Dreams, Aspirations and Hopes (No goals here)
1. Make exercise a do-able habit - ideas: walk/treadmill/swim daily; yoga/stretch 2x per week; weight/strengthen 2x per week; read the RBG workout book and see if it fits as a plan; try local Pilates studio
2. Lots of family time - this should be easy and a continuation of what we have been doing.
3. Be active socially - invite friends to do something or come over once a month, increase role in women's club
4. Dream and evaluate location and lifestyle options - includes evaluating the option of relocating to the Berkeley area and purchasing a small home there; take a longer trip to Berkeley including spending time with a realtor learning locations and market
5. Read with a purpose - first quarter is probably going to be reading memoirs and biographies of strong modern women; continue in book discussion group
6. Refresh my wardrobe in my style and colors - keeping to a plan and budget with an eye to spending more time in the Berkeley area and climate; possibly hire my stylist friend to help me shop in an environmentally sound and stylish way (She wrote this great blog post for me! Style Recipe )
7. Healthier food all the time - read, plan, eat, enjoy
8. House ready to sell or enjoy even more - deep clean and declutter one room each month from rafters to floor, address any needs/fixes and refresh with secondhand/re-purposed/carefully chosen finds (Thanks for the idea Barbara )
9. Push my creativity - refashion, re-use, re-purpose, make myself; hold a cocktail party; etc.
10. Learn - Take three classes from OLLI or other source
11. Do more enjoyable things - perhaps a vacation trip, regular live theater (season subscription?), gallery show openings, musical performances at the library