Spend Easter weekend with family:
It was a fun weekend:
- We did go see the wedding to be venue on Saturday morning. It will be held at a large house near the Rose Bowl (son and his fiancée live in Pasadena) with a back yard set up for outdoor entertaining.
- Saturday night ham dinner with homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting my contribution. I used a recipe from The Prudent Homemaker’s carrot cake with sour cream frosting. (http://theprudenthomemaker.com/carrot-cake)
- Easter morning was brunch with egg decorating. I contributed a coffee cake made from a recipe I won’t use again but almost all of it was eaten anyway.
Try out a book club:
- Tuesday morning library book club: This group meets once a month at the library. I attended the April 10th meeting for a discussion of Norwegian at Night by Derek Miller.
Bonus social activity: Go to a meeting of the Somis Thursday Club (a women’s club) and decide whether to pursue being a member.
- I attended the local chapter of the Greater Federation of Women’s Clubs. Their monthly luncheon meeting was April 12th. I have decided to join and see how it works out. I went to the monthly movie get together and that was fun. They have a book group too that I will try out.
Celebrate our anniversary:
- We combined this with our theater outing on April 15th: Going along with the theme of trying new things we went to a new to us restaurant and had a fabulous meal and talked about what we might like to do in the next year.
Go to a play:
- Live theater is my thing: As mentioned before we saw a laugh out loud play, Sylvia, which was a great experience.
Three 21 day challenges:
- Challenge 1: I did it except for one day! I walked at least 1.5 miles a day. Onward to keeping it up and starting Challenge 2: Stretching/flexibility which will mean yoga at least once a week + stretching at home for a total of 3 days a week + keep on walking other days (minimum).
Visit a tide pool: We keep talking about this and simply need to find out when is a good time to do it and if we can join a ranger walk one day. Leo Carrillo State Beach here we come.
Go to Genghis Khan exhibit at the Reagan Library: May or June will be the target for this. I have a longtime friend who lives near it so we will see if she wants to join us.
Throw a party to celebrate one year back in California: We moved into this house on April 19th although we owned it starting March 22nd. We are thinking a snacks and drinks kind of event to which we will invite DHs pickle ball friends, my Pet Club friends, a few other people we have met or reconnected with, and family. That is a lot of people. Ideas for menus and how to stage this???