|One year old already!|
1. With my commitment to trying to continue to live as a one car family and to trying new things, I took the free city bus to the library which was a bit time consuming but fine.
2. Another exploration of our new area that included going to the Channel Islands Maritime Museum by the Oxnard marina.
3. Clothes shopping is so time consuming what with all the driving or online searching followed by trying on and finding little to suit you as well as fill wardrobe holes.
4. Looks like I will get my wish of hosting a small family Thanksgiving for 7 or 8 people rather than the massive one for 25 - 30 that was initially envisioned by my Hubby.
5. We walked to the rec center to check out the holiday craft sale and bought nothing, I went to the library and as usual drank too much coffee and ate too many sweets.
6. Received all the documentation needed to act as Pet Club treasurer and will have to plow through it to bring records up to date.
7. Yoga class for 1 1/2 hours left me pretty tired but I did the laundry and read before falling asleep quite early.
8. I'm really liking how my Social Security payment shows up in my bank account each month without my having to go to work to earn it LOL.
9. The shutters we ordered back on Sept. 11th that were supposed to be here in 60 days or less are now scheduled to arrive on 11/30 but that is often the way of home repairs.
10. Checked out the TJMaxx in an adjacent town and will go back to shop there.
11. Beautiful day for a walk so took one to CVS to buy cards for birthdays and engagement celebrations.
12. An overcast day perfect for house cleaning which was rewarded by us picking up Chinese food to take to my FIL at his assisted living facility.
13. This month's muffin making session produced zucchini walnut muffins as part of my effort to use up the too many veggies in the frig before we go out of town.
14. I am finding clothes shopping difficult as I ordered ankle boots, 2 sweaters, 2 long sleeve tops (both in 2 sizes), and a cardigan but ended up only keeping one long sleeve top that aren't quite the right colors and returned the others today.
15. Laundry, car washed, suitcases packed and more so we are ready to head north early in the morning to see that granddaughter!
16. We had good weather most of the way on our drive to Berkeley from Camarillo and were welcomed with big smiles by our baby granddaughter and her parents too before settling in for dinner and overnight there.
17. We pitched in and did a lot of house and yard work to help prepare for the big first birthday party tomorrow, the baby's parents went to work at the symphony including the evening's concert, we went on baby duty including picking her up at day care and then our other son and his sweetie came over to fix us all dinner and help babysit until her other grandma showed up to take over.
18. After a night at an apartment in a Victorian house AirB&B we went back to help finish up setting up the birthday part which was lots of fun and followed by dinner out on us to celebrate the older son and his sweetie's engagement.
|Nana loves her granddaughter|
|Happy Papa & granddaughter|
|65th birthday donut cake with all his favorites|
21. Hubby's actual birthday!
22. Made the cranberry sauce and took the dog to the vet for routine care on a very hot day.
23. Spent the morning and part of the afternoon preparing for Thanksgiving dinner which was a lovely time with 8 of us seated at one table.
|Starting off Thanksgiving with snacks.|
25. With Christmas wish lists on Amazon and free shipping so much that shopping for the Berkeley family presents was finished in less than an hour.
26. I did laundry, returned some online order items, bought a pretty top, as the new Treasurer I spent some time trying to figure out the balance sheet entries for Pet Club, and then we went out for Indian food as an antidote to too much turkey.
27. Spent the morning working a table to sell tickets to the Pet Club holiday dinner and then part of the afternoon trying to reconcile the books and get on the signature card at the bank.
28. Shopping for baby girl clothes is so much fun and they are sooooo cute!
29. We spent the afternoon helping Hubby's cousin and aunt pack up their kitchen in prep for a move and then took ourselves out for pizza and beer at our local brewery.
30. Ending the month with a dose of self care by having a massage.