Settle in our new home including furnishing & refreshing it.
- Figure out if are going to paint walls Decision: Paint feature wall & 3 dark ceilings; touch up wall paint; we will do it ourselves so we have now saved $3,000 which pays for the new water heater and golf clubs for my husband.
Get painter booked
- Research buying mattresses
- Get stuff in garage put away so can park car there
- Get refrigerator water filter and ice maker fixed
- Finish HVAC replacement steps of duct testing and inspection
- Get carpets and upholstery cleaned
- Buy paint for master bedroom feature wall and ceilings that are painted dark beige
- Make an eye exam appointment
- Research internal medicine practices and best area hospital that match our insurance
- Vet appointment 5/9; decide if staying with this vet or switching to one nearer us.
- Get recommendations for groomer and boarding
- Book a groomer
Get dog licensed- The vet said we should just wait until Dec when she is due for next rabies shot.
- Get CA driver's licenses, register car and get new HOA car sticker. Cancel GA car registration.
- Send in homeowner's property tax exemption form.
- Set up new printer
- Recycle old printer
- Finish making address changes for all accounts/online presence
- Download credit union mobile app and learn to use it to deposit checks
- Get SS form to prove have had health insurance coverage and get it completed
- Apply online for SS
- Apply for Medicare Part B
- Complete retirement paperwork
Email or write a geographically distant relative or friend once a month at least.
- Connect with nephew who lives in San Diego
- Brunch in Santa Barbara with our son, DIL and 5 mo old granddaughter - happy day.
- Mother's Day with son & DIL
- Join Arts group, Pet Club & Women's Club - become active in them
Once moved I will take advantage of the pool and fitness center, join a Pilates studio and find good walking routes.
- Attend yoga or water aerobics 2x per week
- Walk or swim each day
I will shop from my wardrobe shopping list and try new things adjusting as my lifestyle changes.
- May planned purchases: capris/ankle pants, sandals/flats, pajamas, 2 bras, dresses/skirts, sunglasses, and purse
- May unplanned purchases: bead & leather bracelet
will try polish on my toenails.