No new additions to my wardrobe this month as I have been so busy with babysitting/visiting family and selling/buying/moving house. I was going to run to the mall today but then a freeway overpass near it collapsed yesterday and the resulting gridlock is a good reason to stay home!
So as the first quarter of the year comes to an end and I am again downsizing my wardrobe while packing, I noticed that there are some clear all stars in terms of number of wears. I didn't look at items where there is only one option like my purse and I was living out of a carry on suitcase for 3 weeks.
I think these items say a lot about what my real life wardrobe needs to be and possible that I need more pairs of shoes LOL.
I found it interesting that no tops or toppers made the cut. That is where I add variety and color and I have more of those than the other categories yet often still feel like I don't have enough. Have to think about that.
Winners with 20 or more wears
- Grey zip hooded sweatshirt: this is quite old and I need to start looking for a replacement
- Navy knit gloves: bought this fall and I love them - In fact when I thought I had lost them at the dog park after a trip there with my son and granddaughter, I was ridiculously happy to find them in his car! They are long enough for my long fingers and just the right warmth for most days.
- Bronze ECCO flats: Great for warmer days & no socks
- Walking shoes: When I want my feet to be really happy more than I want to wear the my best colors these are the thing.
- 2 pairs of jeans: medium and dark wash
- Navy belt: of course; see jeans - leather from LLBean
In second place with 15 - 19 wears:
- Navy packable down jacket: It wasn't too cold this winter so this wasn't worn daily like last year. Still love it!
- Navy Clarks Nubuck loafers: Great with socks & jeans!
- Charcoal jeans: Just about ready to let these go but not quite yet.
And the runners up with 10 - 14 wears:
- More shoes: Clarks navy flats and Clarks grey flats
- More jeans: Army green this time.
- Green long sleeve top: Hey, it was in my suitcase!
- Black belt: See Charcoal jeans LOL
There you are - the hardest working clothing in my wardrobe so far this year with navy and clearly the leading color. I do need to lighten up.
Being even more intentional than usual in my daily life while continuing to appreciate the present. MOVING? On Tuesday Hubby examined the ho...
MOVEMENT Forward with a look back to find wellness destinations I'm joining my friend Leslie who blogs at Once Upon a Time and Happily E...
We are now at the “best laid plans of mice and men often go awry” stage of living here and can’t blame it totally on the pandemic. When we ...
Over the past two years I have become rather stuck in a rut due to the pandemic restrictions, foot surgeries, a seriously ill and then dying...