Just general happy news - our state tax refund showed up without me having to call and nag like last year!
And in honor of all who have used it to pack things, here is how bubble wrap was invented -
how bubble wrap was invented
Happy I accomplished these things this past week:
Sale of current house:
- Arranged final meter readings & account closing dates for all utilities.
- Confirmed that no further documents needed before we take possession on April 19th, but some are needed afterwards.
- Hubby signed the contract for the "cottage cheese ceiling" removal & painting.
- We got the key!!!
Cross country move:
- A neighbor agreed to loan us a dolly to use on loading day. A cousin has one to lend at the other end.
- Submitted change of address for post office & set stop date for newspaper delivery.
Packing & downsizing:
- Returned some packing materials we won't be using. Picked up more free packing paper. This plus free boxes has probably saved us $100+. Bought 2 picture boxes & picture packing kits for large art works and a flat screen TV packing box & kit. Sometimes you need specialty products.
- Packed 6 boxes. Focused on art, kitchen, clothing.
- Hubby padded/bubble wrapped lots of small furniture pieces, wooded chairs, etc. Which led me to wonder who invented bubble wrap!
- Sorted through my clothing carefully and managed to let go of more items
that are nearly worn out, don't fit or won't be needed in CA.
- Took another car load to the thrift store. Posted for free a table & 4 chairs, 2 ottomans, cedar chest and they all left the house on Saturday.
For the dog:
- Received her ID tag with new address.
- Scheduled May vet appointment, filled out new client form and sent vet records
- I'm giving myself a break and planning dinner each morning and then
shopping for what is needed instead of trying to plan the whole week as
we want to use everything up which is a challenge.
What I am looking forward to this coming week:
- My closest book club friends are throwing me a good bye dinner on Thursday. I'll miss this lovely group of women.
- We are meeting with a retirement benefits counselor as Hubby's retirement date is mid-September.
- Getting a haircut.
- Finishing most packing and final house cleaning.
A bit of excitement 2 houses up the street as the wind took down a large tree. I was on the other side walking the pup when it made a loud...
I was reading this blog post on Be More With Less 7 Heavy Things To Leave Behind and it really resonated. I am contemplating what I most n...
Another very busy house focused week, but each day I walked and played with the dog, read as my go to relaxation, and tried to take care of ...
Cross your fingers that the inspection is ok from the buyer’s perspective. We are thrilled.