Big progress today:
- A neighbor wants the last book shelf and is picking it up tomorrow.
- We photographed a car which we will sell and a couch, end table, TV stand, table & 4 chairs, 2 rugs, dresser, cafe table & 2 chairs, futon with ottoman & end table, easel, patio umbrella & stand which will be given away.
- Bought first batch of boxes and started packing. Thank goodness for
the free used but clean packing paper I picked up Friday evening and for free bubble
wrap.- Gathered all decorative objects and decided to send to new homes 3/4 of the items. This included pottery, candles/candle holders, other decorative items, artwork, & mirrors. Packed remaining items.
- Packed all photographs, games and hobby items
- Sorted through some more tools eliminating items.
- 2 friends have expressed interest in buying our car after an email I sent out after lunch!
As we pack I am updating our home inventory and keeping a list of what is generally in each box.
I am following some advice I found online regarding labeling boxes carefully as you pack by putting all labels
on the sides of the boxes instead of the top, labeling what's in each one and the room it belongs to in the new house, and giving each box a number to coordinate with my list.
I think I will also label how heavy they are to assist with loading the truck properly. DH found some markers in his desk at work and brought them home for box labeling so we don't have to buy any more.