Small steps completed this week.
- Washed the walls, treads and risers in the stairwell and found no painting is required
- Met with a potential contractor for the bath remodel; waiting for a bid
- Talked to our realtor who is now suggesting we list the house in mid-March to beat the rush.
- My husband managed to get the non-working chandelier down and Ace Hardware nearby had the right kind of socket to fix it! Working light again and little spent.
So why may we have 25 weeks left instead of 27 before the house is on the market? Our realtor is thinking that we may need to get a jump on the Spring listing rush.. The current plan is that I will be in Berkeley helping with childcare for our soon to arrive granddaughter from February 27-March 11 (assuming she arrives on schedule). We plan to be in S. CA the week prior to look for a home and to prepare for and celebrate my FIL's 90th birthday. So that will be a bit tight if we put it up mid-March.
Need to get on with all the prep a bit faster LOL.
Leftover to do's from last week:
- Work on cleaning basement floor
- Go through bedding and cedar chest; make decisions
- Try to thrift new coverlets/bedspreads for both beds
- Schedule appointment with the arborist to get bid for final pruning work prior to house painting.
I'm also doing a couple of meetings this coming week to continue transition my volunteer and officer responsibilities with my Friends of the Library group.
We just learned that my husband's 93 year old uncle is in hospice care. He is in California so there will be a funeral trip when he passes away.
We also found out the results of yet another blood test on our dog. Her liver function was not looking as it should be despite medication changes so a bile test was done to pursue the possibility that she might have developed a liver shunt which causes the blood to not flow through the liver. She is down to 15 pounds from a steady 16.2 pounds - dropped it all in 2 weeks. However, this latest test showed normal results! So now they are thinking she may have a low grade UTI and will test for that this week. We bought her some chunky stew canned food and she gobbled it down so at least we can get her to eat more. Generally she is happy and spunky - much better than before her medication changes for her Addison's Disease.
Someday I'll have to look up and remember why February only has 28 days - except for leap years of course. I have big hopes for this sho...
MOVEMENT Forward with a look back to find wellness destinations I'm joining my friend Leslie who blogs at Once Upon a Time and Happily E...
We are now at the “best laid plans of mice and men often go awry” stage of living here and can’t blame it totally on the pandemic. When we ...
Over the past two years I have become rather stuck in a rut due to the pandemic restrictions, foot surgeries, a seriously ill and then dying...