Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Back to normal, non-vacation days!

We sure did have lots of fun in June. Family time in California that included Derby day at Santa Anita race track, dinner at the beach, bocce ball in Jack London Square in Oakland and more. Then my brother and SIL visited for Memorial Day weekend. We went out to eat, walked the Beltline, went to a play and to the Chihuly exhibit at the botanical garden and more. One day my DIL's mother and a friend of hers joined us for brunch and some Atlanta scenery.

Now we are back to our usual life. This week the replacement windows for the sun porch were delivered and they will be installed tomorrow. I am ready to start working on painting one of those darn feature walls that have to be turned a neutral color. I've got to order a small amount of shower wall tile and schedule a repair in there. All the usual stuff of yard and house maintenance of course.

Its time to tighten our belts where we can so I actually inventoried what food we had left and made a start at a menu plan before going grocery shopping today. A smaller grocery shop resulted.

Not much else to report.

Hope you had a lovely long weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Juhli. I found my way here from seeing your comment on The Non-Consumer Advocate. I have been reading several of your past posts and pages. Boy have some of these things been on my mind lately. I'm adding you to my blog list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I'm off to check out your blog now.

      Delete

Focusing on ease of maintenance - Thriving Week 16

CURRENT MINIMALISM MINDSET  After one year in this house I’m not stopping decluttering or reorganizing as appropriate but every time I clean...