Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

Month 4: Goal progress report for April

Here's my report of how I did in this past month.

April 2015

1. Eat to reduce bad cholesterol levels - not pastry/cookies out, less meat and even more vegetables. Weigh self daily and record.

* A work in progress but we definitely are doing better with dinners.

2. Work out at home with weights AND do stretch DVD program at least twice a week AND walk on other days (unless traveling, etc.).

* I gave up. I do so much better with a scheduled out of the house activity. I am going back to sessions with a Pilates trainer as I felt best when I did that regularly. Yard work is in full swing which is good exercise along with short dog walk and a very long walk on a sunny Sunday.

3. Buy the clothing needed to have a wardrobe I love to wear that fits my life right now.

* I browsed in lots of stores I normally would not have visited as well as the usual suspects and found a few summer clothes. The surprise was a 3 color sunhat in my neutrals at an active wear store near me. I also bought a new pair of capris and thrifted 2 more pairs and two tops. Some less loved and worn out items left my wardrobe. I have 3 items to alter to make them fit better/be more useful.

4. Go through all files, office supplies and my books and only keep what brings me happiness, is used regularly or will be used up over time. This has been expanded to include getting rid of other items as I encounter them and trying to only replace not add to our stuff.

Gone: 2 books & 2 DVDS. Not my best month.

5. Disentangle from all of my volunteer roles for the Friends of the Library in preparation for moving in 2017.

* No progress

Then there are the mushier goals.

6. Love and be loved.

* Friends: A friend had free tickets to see the play "Our Town" at The Shakespeare Tavern. They serve dinner before if you want and we did. I'd actually never seen or read this play and it was really good. Also went out to lunch with a friend who is facing hip replacement surgery in early May.
* Family: Dinner with Hubby at our favorite Thai restaurant twice just because. We also celebrated our 34th anniversary with lunch out and went out to lunch in the middle of a very long walk.  Our younger son had a birthday as did our older DIL although we had to celebrate those long distance unfortunately. Talked a bit with that son and DIL, my brother and hubby's aunt.

7. Have fun - and I'm adding, have adventures.

The two OLLI classes I signed up for begin and I have committed to attending all sessions. One is "Art in Havana" and the other is "Eight Retired Physicians Share Their Expertise on Timely Medical Topics".  Both are very interesting so far and I'm glad I am taking them.

So, what's on deck for May?

- Lots of yardwork
- Regular phone calls to family
- Pilates sessions
- Walks
- Finish OLLI classes
- Plan next trip to California





1 comment:

  1. Looks like you did great over the last month! :) Sounds like a fun sun hat! I bought one not too long ago in a linen grey mix. Safe. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Focusing on ease of maintenance - Thriving Week 16

CURRENT MINIMALISM MINDSET  After one year in this house I’m not stopping decluttering or reorganizing as appropriate but every time I clean...