I only have 4 goals for 2015, but they are ones I struggle with so I'm going to honestly report how I did each month.
1. Work out at the gym at least twice a week (unless traveling, etc.).
- Gym: January 3, 6, 9, 12, 28 & 30
- Traveling: 1/16-26 with a hike & lots of walking
* Also got a massage and got lab work done for upcoming physical as part of my better health regime
2. Buy the clothing needed to have a wardrobe I love to wear that fits my life right now.
- Found 4 tops at a consignment store that fit well, match my colors and will be good for Spring.
3. Go through all files, office supplies and my books and only keep what brings me happiness, is used regularly or will be used up over time.
- So far I've jettisoned 10 books, box of envelopes, leather portfolio & 2 inches of paper
4. Disentangle from all of my volunteer roles for the Friends of the Library in preparation for moving in 2017.
- My most change resistant volunteer is finally training someone to take on my book sorting role. Big cheer!!!
Then there are the mushier goals.
5. Love and be loved.
- Our trip to CA certainly was filled with love - time with sons, DILs, FIL, BIL, great aunt, cousin & nephew.
- Had lunch with a friend and coffee date with another right after our vacation
- Called my great-aunt who was like a big sister to my Mom. I'm really missing my Mom.
- Two books on building patios were donated to the library book sale and I picked them up and mailed them to the son who has that on his home improvement list.
6. Have fun - and I'm adding, have adventures.
- We planned into our trip to CA two days just for us to drive up the coast from the LA area to the Bay Area with overnights in Cambria and Santa Cruz.
7. Find joy in everyday life even when it involves chores LOL.
- I've been remembering to really play with the dog, find reasons to laugh, light scented candles. I almost always wake up in a good mood so my measure for this goal is if I am still in one when I go to bed! Haven't kept track but I think it is going pretty well.
So, what's on deck for next month?
- More time at gym plus a bunch of preventative health care appointments for a physical, dental and orthodontic check ups and another massage I hope.
- My book club is meeting and I have a lunch scheduled with former co-workers. Friends of the Library book sale is hard work but also social as I see friends all day. Need to schedule some more social activities.
- I want to plan something fun for Hubby and I for Valentine's Day
- Keep plodding away at decluttering the home office, creating a small wardrobe that I love, and transitioning roles in the Friends of the Library group. I need to actually put time for these on my calendar.