During March I am focusing on becoming clearer what brings me joy at this time in my life and doing more of it:
1. Buying fresh flowers and seasonal fruits and vegetables; NOT gardening although yard work continues
- I want some tulips or daffodils in the house right now! But Whole Foods has them on sale March 7th so I'll wait.
2. Writing and taking photos; NOT painting or drawing
- I have 3 more paid for painting classes and if I do not want to go I don't have to. The money is gone. I am going to soon put away the paints and get out the journal and camera.
3. Taking long walks in the city; NOT driving somewhere to hike
- We have been doing this every weekend the weather is good. Yesterday we walked a section of Peachtree St. in Midtown Atlanta and had lunch before heading home.
4. Art exhibits and live theater; NOT movies or outdoor festivals
- We are getting season tickets to our favorite quirky theater and my 85 year old friend is going to join us.
5. Doing small repairs on our house as needed; NOT remodeling for resale
- I'm putting away the lists of remodeling ideas and the photos too. I am going to get that replacement strip for the bottom of the shower door this week.
6. Exercising at the gym 2 to 3 times a week; NOT exercising with DVDs
- This is going to be a priority starting this week. I'm keeping the DVDs for now.
7. Taking dog on short walks and going on long walks without her
- The dog likes the familiarity of the same route. I enjoy walking without her freaking out. A win-win. I do see a woman in my neighborhood taking very long walks several days a week and need to check out the clothes she wears and add good walking clothes to my wardrobe.
8. Cooking similar meals repeatedly and going out to eat more unusual foods; NOT cooking new recipes to get variety
- I pretty much already do this. I just need to stop feeling guilty about it.
9. Shopping in thrift stores or local small stores; NOT going to the mall
- I'm working on this.
10. Wearing clothes I truly like and that fit how I spend my time now; NOT keeping things because they are still useful
- I'm saying goodbye to you gray turtleneck that I keep tugging down and old suit jacket that is a great color but not a good fit for my life.
11. Letting go of anything that doesn't fit into my life right now; NOT holding on to things because I might want them in a future version of my life
- Well that is pretty much what my decluttering project is about isn't it?
Suggestions for additional goals? What are yours?