I've read in other years:
- Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping - Judith Levine
- A Year Without Made in China - Sara Bongiorni
- Overdressed - Elizabeth L. Cline
- and others about Affluenza, the garbage epidemic, etc.
Now I'm looking for some new reads that specifically focus on consumerism and these seem like candidates although my library doesn't have either of the first two. I will order the first one via interlibrary loan as buying them seems too ironic. The third one is in at the library and I'll check it out.
- Shiny Objects: Why We Spend Money We Don't Have in Search of Happiness We Can't Buy - James A. Roberts 2011
- Ad Nauseam: A Survivor's Guide to American Consumer Culture - Carrie McLaren 2009 (a bit old perhaps)
- Buying In: The Secret Dialogue Between What We Buy and Who We Are -- by Rob Walker 2008
Can anyone suggest some other recently published books about consumerism in America that are really good reads?