Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Discovered some great thrift shops

Today I had lunch with a friend and them she took me to her favorite thrift shops. In talking with her recently I had learned she liked to go to thrift stores and asked if she would like to give me a tour. She suggested lunch too and it was fun to deepen my friendship with her.

We went to 4 stores and I would definitely go back to 3 and check out the clothing only sister shop of one of them and another consignment store that only handles furnishings. 

I really was a big spender $2.07 for a big bag of bows, 9 Christmas cards and a roll of wrapping paper. I was almost out of all 3 and have enough to wrap gifts for several Christmases now and bows that can be used for all occasions. Not what was on my list but then I never thought that thrift shops would have them.

My favorite shop is the one that raises money for pet rescue organizations and has a store dog. I have been wanting to go there and was happy that the quality and variety of items was great. That will be my first return stop.

As a bonus, my friend was looking for cloth napkins for her Quaker Meeting's hospitality house. She'll take the 11 I am decluttering so they have a good next home.




4 comments:

  1. A "store dog?" Sounds right up my alley! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! A rescue of course. They also had a kitten available for adoption. My dog would like a kitten buddy but we think that is not in our plan.

      Delete
  2. I used to like to go to thrift stores; but now I've got the equivalent of about three thrift stores in my basement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That certainly can be the result if you aren't careful. I'm just getting things I would buy anyway so not a problem LOL.

      Delete

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...