Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

2014 Goals: The starting gate is just around the corner!

I think I'm clear on my 2014 goals.

The usual goals:
- Continue using weekly to do lists to be more productive
- Maximize our savings by spending carefully while still enjoying life.
- Travel to see family as much as possible.
- Do lots of fun things that Hubby and I both enjoy. 
- Deepen friendships/make more friends by being the one to reach out and suggest activities.

And then there are my personal challenges. I really am looking to push myself this coming year.

My 52 weeks of decluttering challenge runs through November. The rest I have organized by quarter with themes - just because!

JANUARY/FEBRUARY/MARCH – STRETCH MY MIND AND BODY 
Exercise every day (gym, walk, stretch)
Be an ARTIST once a week
               Paint
               Take photos and edit them using free software
               Use a large page art paper book, photos, collage, paints, etc. to journal
Check out CDs of music I don’t normally listen to each week and play while doing art
Become very proficient on phone and tablet

APRIL/MAY/JUNE – JUST DO IT DIFFERENTLY
Shop for summer clothes at thrift shops (with very tight budget) and get a fun, versatile wardrobe
Do all needed outdoor home repairs/improvements as frugally as possible 
Learn to cook some Mexican food
Learn to grill fish and vegetables

JULY/AUGUST/SEPTEMBER – MAKE THINGS FOR CELEBRATION
Celebrate 65th birthday in a really fun way – make a party
Turn artwork into greeting cards
Make holiday gifts

OCTOBER/NOVEMBER/DECEMBER – ENJOY THE SEASON  
Pumpkin carving party
Holidays with family
Festivals, performances, all activities for season possible
Get a book of local hikes and go hiking 4 times

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time zooms on - my baby is 41🎂

My younger son turned 41 yesterday and while it is not as shocking to me as having a 53 year old older son it still feels like time has spee...