Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Planning my Fall Project 333 wardrobe

When it was too hot, muggy and drizzly to go outside yesterday I decided to think about my fall wardrobe for Project 333. I already knew that there are a number of items that don't fit or are shabby so I made a potential shopping list.

Replacement Items:
- casual black slacks
- dressy black slacks
- blue cardigan to replace a brown one
- red cardigan to replace 2 old ones
- casual black flats
- belt

Additions:
- slim cut jeans
- skirt
- LBD or equivalent 2 pc outfit - doesn't have to be black just a dark color (Plum?) and useful across seasons for dressy occasions or sad ones


I'm going to look tonight at the 2 pairs of black slacks I'd like to replace and see if I could alter them instead as they are too big but not huge.

We have a tax free weekend here in Georgia this weekend that includes any item of clothing that is less than $100. I'm trying to decide if I want to brave the crowds knowing that the fall items aren't in the stores yet.  I think I'll hit a couple of discount retailers for shoes and tops and maybe go to Talbots to see if they have the slacks/skirts. I could spend the whole weekend driving around to different stores (aargh!) as everything is quite spread out here.

I did stop at Target on the way home from the gym and pick up another pair of wicking fabric shorts so now I have 3 sets of workout/dog walking clothes for hot weather. It is rather crazy making to need to be thinking about finding cool weather clothes during the hottest month of the summer!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, it's time to plan for Fall already - probably the Spring clothes will be back out by December, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you live in a much cooler place than I do. In Atlanta it is hard to know when the hot weather will go away although it eventually does!

      Delete

Thriving Thursday Week 11

Happiness, Comfort & Health Woohoo! I walked over 10,000 steps outdoors one day (4.1 miles for this short person) for the first time sin...