Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

January mini-goals status

Yes, there are 5 more days in January counting today, but I am soooo ready for it to be over. So I am declaring it over goal wise and grading myself now on my monthly mini-goals. So here goes January.
 
B+  Do PT and general stretching exercises daily - traveling and being sick put a damper on getting this done daily but I did pretty well regardless
C   Walk dog daily if not raining - Again, being sick for 10 days did  this one in as did the cold weather. Still we got out more than last month.
A   Start 2 health/nutrition courses through Coursera - I started one and it was too basic so I am not continuing.
A+  Make Spring Project 333 wardrobe inspiration board on Pinterest - I did this and it was fun!
A    Make Spring Project 333 wardrobe list and shop my closet first - Done!
B-   Make wardrobe shopping list and frugal budget - the list is done but not the budget; shopping in March
F    Invite friends over for dinner - Nope
C    Menu plan each week and try at least 2 new recipes - that old being sick thing again; at least I did menu plan when I was well and tried 2 new recipes
B    Limit eating out to LA trip at beginning of January and one other time - YES except for 3 coffees out two of which were when I was recovering from being sick and needed really wanted to get out of the house and had zero energy for anything else
A+  Fix Up at least one thing in addition to replacing dishwasher - Put polish/scratch remover on old desk and it looks great, hemmed jacket sleeves and polished an old belt.

8 comments:

  1. For the month you had, you did great with your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad at all! I'm ready for January to be over too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. I think it is a dreary month although we started ours off well with a lovely family visit.

      Delete
  3. I'd say you had a good January! And, yes, I agree, January is just too long. Onward to February (or, I prefer that we just skip February and move on to March!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can we do that - just skip February I mean? LOL. I don't want to wish my life away but sometimes looking at how things went isn't inspiring.

      Delete
  4. I am so ready for it to be over too! Amazing how illness can sabotage so much. And then yesterday we found out the dog has fleas. Imagine, if you will, my near hysterical reaction. ALL day yesterday was cleaning, vacuuming floor and furniture, stripping beds and slipcovers, and fumigating. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to be an infestation but back on heartworm/flea control we go. Usually it is safe to take off the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain with the fleas! My younger son is fighting that with their dog and cat despite having them on meds. I think the dog picked them up at the dog beach and they settled into the apartment. Hope you are feeling better.

      Delete

Time zooms on - my baby is 41🎂

My younger son turned 41 yesterday and while it is not as shocking to me as having a 53 year old older son it still feels like time has spee...