I've written a few posts about various suggestions and research conclusions related to what it takes to age well. You may have noticed that I have posted a list over on the sidebar that summarizes the suggestions I have gleaned from these. The bottom line for me is that you staying emotionally, mentally and physically engaged with life are the keys to a positive life as an older person. Here are my suggestions.
1. Keep making friends
2. Keep learning
3. Stay current including technology
3. Focus on being happy in the present
4. Have something interesting to talk about
5. Keep moving by exercising daily
6. Initiate and embrace change
7. Fill your days with meaningful activity
8. Give of yourself through volunteering and caring for others
It is not surprising that there is some overlap with my 13 Happiness Commandments. These are my guidelines LOL.
What would you add or change? What is you sense of which will be the most challenging for you - or is currently the most challenging? I'd really like to hear from everyone who is stopping by.