Do check out Debby's blog Nanny's Place - among other things she shares her cute quilting projects and joy in being a Grandmother. I think these questions sound like fun and have answered them below.
Who am I tagging? Anyone who hasn't played yet! Please consider yourself tagged if you would like to share your answers.
These are my questions to you:
These are my questions to you:
1.When did you start blogging and why?
2.What was the last thing that you bought that you wish you didn't?
3.What is your most precious childhood memory?
4. What is your favorite color and why?
5. What was your best date with your significant other?
6.What do you consider your biggest achievement in life?
7.Are you a loner or would you rather be in a crowd?
8.What was the best meal you've ever had?
9.If you were granted 3 wishes from a genie, what would you ask for?
10.If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
11. Who is your best friend?
And here are my answers:
1.When did you start blogging and why? I started blogging this past September 1st which was my 62nd birthday because I wanted to join the great online blog community and make sense of this part of my life by talking about it.
2.What was the last thing that you bought that you wish you didn't? That latte and double chocolate cookie! Yummy, but not helping with my weight loss goal!
3.What is your most precious childhood memory? Oh, I think coming home from school in 6th grade for lunch one day before Christmas and finding a tiny little puppy waiting for me. He was my Christmas present and first dog. I sure didn't want to go back for the rest of the school day!
4. What is your favorite color and why? I've always been partial to a vibrant red-orange. I think it is the energy it conveys.
5. What was your best date with your significant other? Our first non-date on a ski trip with a group of friends where he spent the whole day with me on the slopes even skiing downhill backwards on the easy trail to talk with me while I slowly made my way down! He used to be able to do a hand stand on a skateboard too which was very impressive.
6.What do you consider your biggest achievement in life? My heart says having sons who are great men. My head says obtaining my Ph.D. while mostly being a single Mom of one and supporting us at the same time (I remarried during grad school).
7.Are you a loner or would you rather be in a crowd? Neither - I'd rather be with one other person or a small group.
8.What was the best meal you've ever had? None stands out but the longest meal certainly was the breakfast I had when I was 7 or 8. My older brother cooked me breakfast outdoors on a coffee can stove to get a Boy Scout merit badge and it took forever! My Mom says I was patient but I don't really remember.
9.If you were granted 3 wishes from a genie, what would you ask for? My most immediate wish is for my Mom to feel better. I would also wish for my sons to have their efforts payoff the way they would like them too. The third one is hard - world peace, the end to hunger, education for all worldwide - I'll have to think about that.
10.If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Right now my sites are set on Paris just because I have always wanted to see it.
11. Who is your best friend? My best friend in the sense that I can talk with her about anything and always have fun with her and feel supported by her, is a woman who lives on the other side of the country. We have stayed friends for over 20 years through both of us moving around. I need to call her!