Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

2012 Planning - Earning more

I recently found out I was being paid more than I thought for the two additional consulting assignments I took on in the last quarter of 2011.  That makes the travel worth it definately.  I enjoy the work too, so it is all good.

It has made me think about how much I would like to work in 2012 and what I need to do to increase my income if I decide to work more.  I certainly will say yes to a repeat of the consulting projects I worked on in 2011.  The question is whether or not to seek out additional work.  I am going to spend the first quarter of 2012 gently letting colleagues know that I am available for additional work and see what happens.  I'd like to earn more and enjoy the work at the same time so that will be one criteria for accepting additional projects.  The other criteria will be that the work schedule does not produce stress or set back my hard won physical fitness and energy level gains.

Are you seeking out additional work in 2012?  How are you going about finding the work that fits you life right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time zooms on - my baby is 41🎂

My younger son turned 41 yesterday and while it is not as shocking to me as having a 53 year old older son it still feels like time has spee...