Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Road trip!

I am heading off on another business trip and this time I get to drive north through what should be beautiful fall scenery as I head through north Georgia and end up in North Carolina.  I haven't taken a road trip since last spring when I drove our oldest car 8 hours to my younger son's home and gave it to him.  Obviously that was a one way road trip.  This one is only 4 hours which will be faster than flying, renting a car and driving 2 hours!

I've been thinking about how I prepare for travel by plane and what I might do differently for a car trip.  I can take more clothes, but I don't think I need to.  Snacks are a must and I am prepared as I made pumpkin bread and have it packaged and frozen in single serving portions.  Water of course.  Directions are printed.

The only difference I can think of is that I need to pick out some CDs so I will have music the whole way instead of packing books to read on the plane.

What am I forgetting?  What do you like to put in the car for your road trips?

1 comment:

  1. Well, since I travel almost exclusively by car (both money and too many thirteen hour overseas flights);CDs, books on tape, be comfrotable (you can change when you get there) make sure you have water and a blanket and your aaa card at a minimum. I do much roadtripping and my kids got me one of those coolers with the plastic glasses and stuff. and yes, you can take whatever you like....you can even get a bar across the back of your car for your clothing.

    ReplyDelete

Time zooms on - my baby is 41🎂

My younger son turned 41 yesterday and while it is not as shocking to me as having a 53 year old older son it still feels like time has spee...