Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

My 12 Happiness Commandments

I have followed Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project blog for a long time and really liked her book.  I took to heart the idea of coming up with my own 12 Happiness Commandments for this stage of my life and here they are.

  1. Choose optimism
  2. No complaining
  3. Savor the present
  4. Take action
  5. Focus on energy
  6. Be connected
  7. Listen with curiosity
  8. Spend time enjoying nature
  9. Always be learning
10. Work within the life I have right now
11. Have long term goals
12. Use my creativity

I am not living all of these right now.  For example, I need to create some more long term goals that I am excited about.  The others are in process and are good guides for a happy life for me.

Do you think about how to be happier?

2 comments:

  1. Great list! Will have to print that one out so I don't have to rely on my menopausal memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @DonnaThanks Donna. I really enjoy reading others' lists as well.

    ReplyDelete

Self and Home Care - Thriving Week 17

Healthy self care is a challenge when I am stressed, lonely or bored and the sugar, salt, alcohol goodies call to me. I am trying very hard ...