Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Healthy Wednesdays - 10 Best Foods

I am going to try to feature information and ideas for healthy living each Wednesday. 

Researching how to improve our diet even further I came across the 10 Best Foods List created by the Center for Science in the Public Interest.  Vegetables - sweet potatoes, broccoli, leafy greens & butternut squash.  Fruit - mangoes & watermelon. Protein - wild salmon, garbanzo beans and unsweetened non-fat plain Greek yogurt. Grains - crispbreads.  We already eat a lot of these although we don't especially like garbanzo beans.  We do eat lots of other kinds of beans.  I have been eating other kinds of yogurt, but bought some Greek yogurt to try.  The one that surprised me was watermelon although we eat it in season. The one I need to explore further is crispbreads - there must be a variety out there that I would like.

Can anyone recommend a crispbread that is tasty?






No comments:

Post a Comment

A crow shouting match & a charming book - Thriving week 20

I borrowed this book from the library and it was surprisingly charming. Inspired during the worst of the pandemic by the need to have someth...