Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

October plans

What’s on your calendar or in your thoughts for the month?

I’m planning a 4 day trip to visit my son and DIL and then my friends from where we lived before. I’m doing the 6 hour drive down I-5 to Pasadena by myself and then hanging out there the next day before heading to Camarillo for friend time. Then I’ll head up the 101 to San Luis Obispo for the night and drive home the rest of the way the next day. Looking forward to although the long drives not so much but the thought of the train, plane, automobile alternative was just as tiring.

I’ve also got two small art exhibits/openings bookmarked, will finish up the free Fall Prevention classes at the city rec center, am going to buy a Mac laptop and switch from Windows to it (my poor brain lol), and hopefully get to the citywide fall yard sale and the senior resource fair.

I hope to have a lunch outing with my neighbor friend and have my other new friend over for coffee too.

Add in three Pilates sessions, the car annual servicing, the dog getting groomed, a few after school pickups of the older granddaughter due to after care being closed plus all the ordinary life chores and it will be a nicely full month.

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful plans for the month. I am looking forward to our sons coming home for Thanksgiving, and hopefully getting more projects done. If I can get those projects done, well that would be a good use it up of all those items that I need to clear out of the sewing/craft room. It would also get some Christmas gifts made.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get an audio book or a new music CD (probably both could be checked out at the library). I love long drives where I can play and replay new songs I like and want to learn the words to without annoying a travel mate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your solitary road trip sounds kind of fun. I like listening to books and/or music and driving for a couple of hours at a time. But I do start to get sleepy. Hope you will take breaks as you need them.

    The art exhibits will fun to take it. And coffee with friends. Good for you to continue Pilates. Cannot wait to get back to some real exercise - real movement!!

    ReplyDelete

October plans

What’s on your calendar or in your thoughts for the month? I’m planning a 4 day trip to visit my son and DIL and then my friends from where ...