Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Making a home inventory - why do we own so much!?

I’m in the midst of updating our home inventory for insurance purposes and hoping we never need it and wanting to just get rid of tons more stuff! 

No wonder housekeeping takes so much time and energy. 

I do have the visual clutter at a very low level if you exclude the garage and my husband’s desk🤭

However we do have a house that has 3 bedrooms (one used as an office/music room), 2 bathroom, kitchen, garage laundry/storage room, and living, dining, family and little bonus rooms. So lots of room and stuff to care for even though we have reduced a lot each time we move.

I’m at the point I am decluttering as I go about other tasks. Today some unnecessary paper manuals left the house. Little steps.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me about manuals. Pretty sure there are some old ones in my collection that I need to get rid of.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m going to get rid of more. I have never looked at the manual for the iron, basically iron once a year for example and everything is on the internet now.

      Delete
  2. Though I admit the need for a home inventory, I've never done one, because the thought overwhelms me. My visual clutter is not at a very low level except in the living room, dining room, and kitchen. The closets and cupboards of my house are more tidy and organized than the bedrooms and office. That has to say something about my psyche, though I'm not sure what. Working on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m updating the 8n entry we had but so much changed with this move that perhaps I should have started from scratch! As I remember, I did one room at a time initially.

      Delete
  3. I've been purging and organizing this house since almost immediately after my husband died just over two years ago. My goal was to keep only what I use and know where everything was. So now that its whittled down, I probably should make an inventory and put it in my Go bag. I've been leaning more and more into minimalism and have found that less is definitely more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and If I use it or love it it stays is my approach.

      Delete

Managing Our Resources: Our Money

Let's talk money!  By money I mean paying attention to our investments and income, managing our spending, giving, planning for final yea...