Pages

Friday, March 8, 2024

Charging an iPhone in old car? Help!

Another Update: According to Google and Apple I need a 12V charger and ours is 6. Also according to Google car lighters are 12V so we will be ordering a new charger and see what happens. As Mona said in her comment, I have been joking that we should just by a new car with all the current bells and whistles!

Update: I checked to see if my Kindle would charge and it does so it seems only Apple products aren’t charging. Perhaps I need an iPhone specific plug in charger?

____________________________________________________________________________

We have an older car with no UBS port so can only use a phone charger plugged into the cigarette lighter as far as I know. The charger we have doesn’t work now that we have iPhones. 

I don’t know if the problem is the charger, lighter connection, or car/phone incompatibility. I suppose we could carry a rechargeable charging pack but that kind of defeats the purpose.

Anyone have recommendations on a lighter plug in charger to try? Any other ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Would an Apple store be able to sell you something? Not sure what you could purchase for that purpose.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it were up to Apple & the big 4 car companies, they would probably recommend that you buy a new car that's compatible, she said facetiously!!!! And then update it periodically.

    ReplyDelete

Self and Home Care - Thriving Week 17

Healthy self care is a challenge when I am stressed, lonely or bored and the sugar, salt, alcohol goodies call to me. I am trying very hard ...