Pages

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Welcome to astronomical summer!

As a family that has a large telescope stored in the garage we define seasons astronomically lol!

No “summer” hot weather yet here in the East Bay of California but it is warming up. The hottest weather will be in September or October but I lived through many of those blazing hot, humid summers in Illinois and Atlanta. Also very hot, dry ones in inland S. Cal. Part of me misses the typical US summer weather and the rest is grateful not to have it as we do not have air conditioning in this new house.

So what makes you think of summer? Swimming, running through sprinklers, playing kick the can at dusk, and picnics at a lake were childhood favorites for my brother and myself. As an adult it is going to the beach, BBQs, fireworks, watermelon and more.

3 comments:

  1. Summer for me is lounging in the pool, cooking out on a charcoal grill and outdoor lawn work and outdoor projects. Here in Oklahoma we get plenty of Summer heat from now to September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer here is weeding my flower beds, watering all my pots of flowers and enjoying evenings on the deck.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter Lauren and her family are in San Francisco this week. She was so worried about what to pack for the trip. Wound up taking some lightweight puffer jackets and she is so thankful that she did. Chilly!!
    I remember running through the sprinkler, catching fireflies, my dad churning homemade ice cream, roller skating on the driveway, playing kick the can at dusk. Good times.

    ReplyDelete

Road Trip Part 2 - Fascinating art, Visiting friends & coastal drive

Wednesday afternoon I walked to the USC Asia Pacific museum to se the special exhibit recommended by my DIL. Art made over many decades usin...