Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Thrifty Thursday

Thrifty for others:

My DIL took home all my knitting a crocheting supplies and books plus some art materials.

We babysat while my son went to Pilates as part of physical therapy.

Thrifty for us:

Made a big pot of barley and vegetable soup plus cornbread. 

Hubby continued to dig out the large clumps of overgrown iris in the front at the rate of one a week. Just one fills up our green waste bin. Three are gone and “only” 7 to go. The gardener charges $85 an hour so money saved providing some labor ourselves.

Going through my clothes to make a summer weather capsule for the weather here. I’m going to mend or alter where needed. No new purchases.

Bought two more patio chairs on sale. Now we have 8 including our 4 old ones and 2 from Buy Nothing. That is plenty. Now to find small tables.

And a positive financial surprise.

We received notice that eventually Hubby will get an undetermined amount from a class action lawsuit he didn’t know was occurring. Apparently the trustees of one of his retirement accounts overcharged management fees. Not expecting much but still it was a pleasant surprise.


1 comment:

  1. Thrifty as usual. My goodness $85 an hour is a lot.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Road Trip Part 2 - Fascinating art, Visiting friends & coastal drive

Wednesday afternoon I walked to the USC Asia Pacific museum to se the special exhibit recommended by my DIL. Art made over many decades usin...