Pages

Friday, September 24, 2021

September goals wrap up

September is almost over and its time for an update on my monthly goals. Thought I would do this in place of Thankful Thursday. Next Thursday I'll share my October goals.

What were my favorite moments this month? 

Definitely the visits with my sons, DILs and granddaughter plus two lunches with my two best friends locally.

What did I find most challenging this month? 

The uneven progress with my foot healing and walking ability were frustrating although progress was made.

So what has happened in September in my goal areas? 

Some birthday celebrations for me

Hubby and I went out for a casual dinner before my birthday because of other plans we each had. Enjoyed it as usual. Then the card he gave me he added "you may be 72 but you will always be 27 to me". I had to do the math and yes that is when we met!

I had a long an fun lunch with two friends who have birthdays within a few weeks of mine. We either celebrate all of us at once or individually and this year it is individually. Look at my gift sitting on my desk - perfect for reminding me to be thankful!

Cards, Facebook messages, emails and texts from friends and extended family plus day of calls from both sons and their families rounded it out. I am feeling loved.

Labor Day weekend trip to see Berkeley son, DIL and granddaughter 

This was a lovely and much needed dose of time with family. Plus a mocha cake with buttercream frosting and chocolate glaze made by DIL and granddaughter! Yum.

An in person service club meeting with puppies (program is about raising puppies for guide dog training) with only fully vaccinated allowed to attend and with masks as county requires but at least we can get together!

Six dogs for a lunch meeting and only one had challenges staying quiet the whole time. Very interesting program, nice box lunch and a chance to see friends and meet a few new people.

Continued to increase strength, flexibility and endurance through PT and other exercise as able.

Although I have been diligent about PT I have also realized that regaining my strength, walking speed and stamina after 18 months of pandemic and two foot surgeries will take more effort than rehabbing my currently recovering foot. Onward to being more active and strong.

Bonus points for getting my flu shot though.

Continue to spend time with art activities as the process is quite stress reducing and relaxing for me.

I have continued to play around with color and design plus some coloring pages occasionally. Very relaxing and I want to move to more original work.

More safe outings probably including a walk along the ocean boardwalk, art gallery visit and farmer’s market.

Had a lunch out with two friends. Went to the house where my local son and DIL are pet sitting for a visit and lunch. Went to book discussion group. Didn't get to the listed outings!

Planning family get togethers for granddaughter’s 5th birthday and for Thanksgiving.

Chatted about it and decided to wait and see if the birthday party goes forward with Covid restrictions at the time.

More reaching out to East Coast family members (brother, SIL and cousins).

My brother called for my birthday and I wrote 3 cousins.

Get a recommendation for an electrician and get our broken ceiling light fixed.

Got a recommendation from the neighbor across the street. 

Go through fall clothes and buy anything needed.

I don't actually need anything so I think I am only going to replace/add if I have trouble getting dressed in outfits I am happy with between laundry rounds.

I need a project that isn’t club related so I’m thinking of getting back to improving our emergency preparedness, doing some thrifting and getting better at alterations, a bit of home redecorating or?

Apparently that project is tech updates! I bought an iPhone SE and signed up for Mint Mobile. Started backing up my photos to Google photos. Much more to do.

Redecorating/Refreshing our home - Bought a new bath rug for the small bathroom after learning that the one we have didn't absorb water. Also had to replace guest room sheets after discovering that the elastic was done in both old sets (and not wanting to replace it!). Stayed with the same color schemes.

Decluttering - I donated the bed arm rest pillow/reading pillow I bought for my first foot surgery and never used. Onward to other things just sitting in closets.


1 comment:

  1. It looks like you have done very well with your goals. Still trying to finish as much as possible of mine.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Mid month check in

I am making progress on what matters for the month. Focus 1 - Being a supportive local grandparent is a priority for me as is enjoying the t...