The week started off really well.
- I started walking with just the walking boot and no crutch. A bit slower but still progress!
- Despite all the news reports of passport renewals taking forever we received ours 7 weeks after mailing the applications via priority mail. Not planning to go anywhere needing one but it’s good for 10 years so I am hopeful about future travel and thankful to have this identification up to date.
- Received a cute emailed picture of my granddaughter from her other grandma who is filling in as babysitter for a bit. I’m very thankful that she often thinks to do this.
And that was just last Thursday. So the rest of the week included the following.
- Hubby had a long lunch with a friend on Friday and didn’t want a regular dinner so suggested he bring home takeout from the restaurant for my dinner. Thankful he thought of that and enjoyed my shrimp tacos, Spanish rice and steamed veggies.
- Stash green chai tea with honey.
- Tech problem solutions found on the internet. Wireless keyboards have batteries - duh. I showed how thankful I was to have a working keyboard by actually cleaning it.
- Hubby taking me for an outing of a scenic drive followed by a Mr. Frosty swirl cup. Counting as our first August date even though it wasn’t night!
- Having a friend over for lunch and a nice long visit.
- I finished that last of my supply of pre-cooked breakfast food and am thankful it worked out so well for post surgery.
- I am going to start slowly weaning myself out of The Boot today.
Hmmm, food seems to be a big part of this week’s list but I’ll blame the pandemic and surgery recovery lol.
I better add on lovely phone calls with both sons, a senior dog who has been quite playful as of late and the general wonderfulness of good health and nice neighbors and friends.