Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Slogging along

 No complaints just boredom and tired of sitting. I’ve mad it through two of three weeks with a cast, two of six weeks with no weight on my foot and two of sixteen weeks till physical therapy will end and I will be on my own to progress.

Can you tell I looked back at my calendar to track what happened last year after surgery on my other foot lol? The cast comes off and the stitches out in a week which will be great. Off course that means the boot goes on. This time though I am determined to figure out how to safely get in and out of the shower while I still can’t put weight on my foot. Small problems.

I did call a friend and have a nice chat and then invite a neighbor to come over for an in person visit. Other than that it is me, Hubby and the dog hanging out.

Otherwise all is well - nice weather, Hubby is hanging in there being the only cook and housekeeper, the dog is well as are the next two generations of our little family. Our granddaughter started ice skating lessons and it looks like she is taking after her figure skating award winning Mom by actually skating in her first lesson. All is good.

Suggestions as to how to pass the time while sitting on the couch for 4 more weeks welcome! I’m already reading more than even I a bookaholic want to, finding zero interest in watching anything on tv and browsing the internet way too much. I can get around on my knee scooter and sit at the desk or table for short times but not long term yet as I need to keep my foot elevated.


11 comments:

  1. I had similar surgery and the limited mobility was mind numbing. I organized all of the family photos for 4 family groups and 3 generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never realized oe serious rehab was from that surgery until reading your blog. Glad you are doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Netflix movies. Word Connect is mobile game that isn't ridiculous and no time limits. You can join outside of facebook and play is individual, not against someone. Classic Words is another that I play against the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been enjoying Wordscapes when I think to play on my phone. Not often but it is good for when I am sitting in a doctor's office, etc. What about working a jigsaw puzzle? You might check out the Make Bee Hive for her very reasonably priced collage classes. You can work at your own speed and because you are artistic, I think it would be something you would really enjoy.

    Could you put a chair in the shower, sit on it, pivot to put your legs in and pivot again to put your legs out? You've probably thought of that and tried it. Even a lawn chair or stool might work. Hope you figure out something soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I don’t have to keep my leg elevated I may try some art projects. Thanks for the link. The stitches come out in a week and then I can try to shower with some variation of what you suggest.

      Delete
  5. How about embroidery lots of lessons on you tube.jigsaw puzzles.water color painting,card games such as kings corner,trash,or solitaire,sorting and dating pictures.just a few suggestions,Hope recovery goes fast !

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know you could have timed this better if you had had your surgery before Covid and spent your recovery in lockdown. Mean I know. I'm always trying to find new hobbies. Knitting baby blankets, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did do the other foot last summer and it pretty much was lockdown after that lol. Baby blankets is an idea. Did them for Project Linus years ago while recovering from a long term illness and it was a great thing.

      Delete

Thriving Thursday Week 12 - Spring is here and so are bugs

Welcome to Spring!  It was a nice sunny and warm week so we took a scenic drive exploring parts of Berkeley near the campus and the hills be...