This past week I had numerous things I am thankful for.
2. We did not have our power shut off during the red flag wildfire 2 day long period. Just north of us had it shut off on Thanksgiving.
3. We had a nice "Thanksgiving dinner" of seared scallops, linguine with red sauce and green beans. Hubby's requested menu and it was special because it was not one of our usual dinners.
4. I have struggled since we moved in to get the large expanse of tile floor in our house really clean. Do not put textured ceramic floor tile in heavy use areas! It came with the house though so I finally bought a steam mop and man does it really do a good job.
5. The first person I met after we moved is my neighbor across the street and she and her partner have become good friends. We had a nice chat this past Saturday at a distance of course.
6. It is time for me to lengthen my walks so I headed out today on my longest pre-surgery normal route. Hubby agreed to stay by the phone in case I needed to call for a ride part way. I didn't make it all the way as my toe started hurting so I turned around and walked home. Still my longest walk to date and I wasn't in pain afterwards. Go recovery!
7. I was able to give the dog a bath for the first time since surgery since it requires being up and down on the floor. I enjoy doing this for her because she loves it so much.
8. Our diligent vet called about some test results that indicate our little poodle’s kidney function has deteriorated a bit. He suggested we wait and switch her to a prescription renal support diet after we return from our trip and she makes it through her rabies vaccination. He was concerned that we try different food options until we find one she really likes lol.