Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Thankful Thursday #11 - Dec 3rd

This past week I had numerous things I am thankful for.

1. We figured out how to put up some greenery and lights! Used the fake but lovely garland I used to put on our mantle in Atlanta and placed it over the French doors at one end of our living room. I downsized our Christmas decorations and found 9 tree ornaments to keep and hung them from the garland after I took this picture. Daytime cheer too now! 

2. We did not have our power shut off during the red flag wildfire 2 day long period. Just north of us had it shut off on Thanksgiving.

3. We had a nice "Thanksgiving dinner" of seared scallops, linguine with red sauce and green beans. Hubby's requested menu and it was special because it was not one of our usual dinners.

4. I have struggled since we moved in to get the large expanse of tile floor in our house really clean. Do not put textured ceramic floor tile in heavy use areas! It came with the house though so I finally bought a steam mop and man does it really do a good job.

5. The first person I met after we moved is my neighbor across the street and she and her partner have become good friends. We had a nice chat this past Saturday at a distance of course.

6. It is time for me to lengthen my walks so I headed out today on my longest pre-surgery normal route. Hubby agreed to stay by the phone in case I needed to call for a ride part way. I didn't make it all the way as my toe started hurting so I turned around and walked home. Still my longest walk to date and I wasn't in pain afterwards. Go recovery!

7. I was able to give the dog a bath for the first time since surgery since it requires being up and down on the floor. I enjoy doing this for her because she loves it so much.

8. Our diligent vet called about some test results that indicate our little poodle’s kidney function has deteriorated a bit. He suggested we wait and switch her to a prescription renal support diet after we return from our trip and she makes it through her rabies vaccination. He was concerned that we try different food options until we find one she really likes lol. 



10 comments:

  1. Getting the tests from the vet that kidney functions are deteriorating is something all pet lovers dread. Hope your little girl does well with a new diet.

    People around here lost power on Thanksgiving, too, but due to an accident hitting a pole. What next? Locust? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depending in the dog they can have a long post kidney disease life. Its obviously been awhile but if I recall Elvis had almost three full years before things got bad and he lived to seventeen. We ended up making his food. Glad to hear your walks are lengthening, that usually helps with the shut in feeling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the vet said it could progress very slowly or rapidly. She is already a survivor. An abusive first owner, came to us at 1 1/2 with "issues" most of which are resolved, Addison's diagnosis at 3 1/2 requiring 2 medications regularly since. I'm focused on how we have given her a happy, healthy and secure life for the past 10 years so all remaining is bonus.

      Delete
  3. I love my steam cleaner!! We bought it after I broke my wrist and couldn't use a regular mop. Did I go back to a regular mop? No.

    Love the garland where you have it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you--getting out and walking farther. Sometimes it's hard to get back into normal exercise following surgery, but you seem to be coping well. Very sorry that your dog is facing more health concerns. She's a survivor and you and your husband have made that possible. I was a foster mom for many years and I appreciate when people reach out to the less fortunate (children and pets).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Never know who is rescuing whom. She has brought lots of fun back into our empty nest.

      Delete
  5. Your non traditional dinner sounds delicious!! I always think maybe I should do that but then I go back to our traditional stuff. I guess since I only make it once a year we do look forward to it!! We were supposed to have power off today by PGE but our temperature is supposed to be 70. go figure...Dec6???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy weather isn’t it? We are in Berkeley right now and it is going to be 70 here too.

      Delete

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...