Well I finished off my preventive & routine health care appointments for the time being with a dermatologist appointment on Tuesday. No problems requiring treatment. Still a few physical therapy appointments to go.
This week I was thankful for:
1. The delivery of a "step" to use for my PT exercises since we don't have any steps in our house. It adjusts to 4" and 6" heights. I'm at the lower height right now as my ankle still does not have full range of motion and is somewhat weak from lack of use. I’ve also been working on lengthening my stride and walking faster this week - seeing some progress.
3. Coffee, lots of nice dark French roast coffee. Thankful every day for this lol.
4. I have decided to pull out anything that is being stored and not used. I will use and enjoy it or send it on. Started with this 1930s tourist trade Navajo rug that was a gift from my uncle to my Mom. We had it hanging on the wall in Atlanta, but here it is going on the floor beside the bed. I am enjoying using it as rug after storing it for over 3 years. It makes me happy when I see it.
5. I have an afghan my Grandma crocheted. I recently ordered a new throw that got stuck in pandemic distribution limbo so I cancelled the order. I never use the one Grandma made because she did open weave crochet to hook the blocks together and as a result there are lots of cold spots even though it is acrylic. I was attracted to the one I ordered because of the texture it had from cables.
I can hand sew some of rows of Grandma’s together to create an appealing texture and make it more useful. I’m happy to have a little project. The dog clearly doesn’t mind it the way it is now though!
6. Brownies made by me on a high level of of chocolate craving. Oh all right - and a sugar craving.