Pages

Monday, April 6, 2020

Covid-19 Shutdown Diary Day 22: Start of week 4

Three weeks down of the new normal. We are adjusting and hope you are as well.

The human mind and mood is a strange thing! Today is dreary and rainy, but somehow that makes staying home in usually sunny S. Cal seem normal. In Atlanta it would have been just another day to get outside but here I tend to hunker down on rainy days and it feels cozy. I'll take it.

This morning the mountains were partially hidden by clouds versus my usual sunny day view. You can only see the nearest hills. By mid-afternoon the rain was over and we could see clearly again.

Connecting while Distancing - Wrote yet another cousin who lives in the NE but in a relatively rural area where she teaches high school art. I am curious how she is doing that via the internet.

One of Hubby's elderly aunt's called and she said the doctor approved her trying THC for her dizziness so he is going to try to figure out what product might help her, buy it and deliver it to her condo building.

Carrying On - Hubby had another drum lesson over Facetime, I walked the dog, listened to 5 more CDs and kept one, and cleaned my office space. Dinner was split pea soup, salad and cornbread.


6 comments:

  1. Life does go on, I'm glad you're coping reasonably well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does and we can make it through this!

      Delete
  2. I did a variation of your rainbow scavenger hunt & sent to the Grands with their Easter goodies. I took pictures of 10 different colored things around my house such as my black backpack, the yellow envelopes their letters went in..etc. I printed the pictures then I colored a rainbow of the colors. The Grands were to find 10 different colors around their house & make a rainbow of those colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great! Have they done theirs yet?

      Delete
  3. SO good to hear about a doctor who truly cares about his patients and goes above and beyond for them. I hope your husband's aunt finds relief from her dizziness; it is a hard thing to live with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we are all trying to connect while we're distancing. . . our phone lines, emails and even zoom sessions are crowding out the day! We're making a special effort to get in touch with at least one friend who's living alone each and every day.

    ReplyDelete

Focusing on ease of maintenance - Thriving Week 16

CURRENT MINIMALISM MINDSET  After one year in this house I’m not stopping decluttering or reorganizing as appropriate but every time I clean...