Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Covid-19 Shutdown Day 6: Nature continues


A glorious sunny day here so we decided to see if we could go enjoy a walk on the Ventura pier and boardwalk. People were out but being good about keeping 6 foot bubbles as they got their exercise and sunshine but this will be our last trip out there during this I expect.

There is an artist who build stone sculptures on beaches around here and we spotted this one which we thought looked like breaking waves. A very clear day so you can see some of the Chanel Islands in the distance and the pier to the left.

Connecting while Distancing - Talked to a neighbor who lives alone and is a bit frail. We were both out with our dogs. Texted with local son who was in the midst of a project and couldn't talk. They are fine so far.

Carrying On - Did seated upper body stretches and took several walks with the dog in addition to the one at the beach. Mended a sleep shirt and cleaned the window, shutters and baseboard in the guest bedroom - how exciting.

My County's Data - 26 confirmed cases; 4 in my town.

10 comments:

  1. I think getting out in the fresh air really helps us! It's still chilly where I live (IL), but I think I'll bundle up and walk anyway. May you and your family stay healthy as we learn how to live this new life. Thank you for your posts. I always enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I grew up in Champaign, IL so do know about the weather but true outdoor exercisers do say there is no bad weather just bad gear LOL. I did walk home from high school in a mini-skirt, wool coat, nylons, etc. but now would probably stay inside.

      Delete
  2. Juhli, we were out at our harbor area yesterday as well, and it felt glorious and almost normal. We are going to bring books and chairs this afternoon, and just sit and take in the views. I am curious why you indicated you won't return there soon?

    We've had several nights in a row of virtual get togethers with friends using Google hangout and also FaceTime, and it has been GREAT. I have also been setting up virtual coffee dates with girlfriends, also great. Our Stay at Home routine is quickly falling into place, as it appears it is for you.

    Wash your hands, practice safe social distancing when out - that medical advice has been consistent from the start of this, and will hopefully save lives. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we will return for a while as the boardwalk and pier started to get to crowded for safe distancing about the time we left in late morning. I think more people who actually live there will start to use it. We have nice areas to take a walk right here just no ocean.

      Delete
  3. A walk on the beach seems like the most heavenly thing. I long for the day I can scrunch my toes in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree but we stayed on paved walk and pier this time. It was chilly.

      Delete
  4. While I was with mom, I didn't even write my sentences for SaD. I really like how you are keeping an online account of the days in while is self-quarantine. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy your walk at the beach. I want to walk along the foothills of the mountains tomorrow, if the weather cooperates. Need to set up an exercise routine, too, now that the gym is closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your Mom is doing better. You and she have had a tough time.

      Delete
  5. Getting out in the fresh air seems to help with the social distancing a bit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - as does living with someone so you don't have to distance from them.

      Delete

Thriving Thursday Week 13 - Little things edition

Have you heard about the National Association of Realtors settlement agreement related to home sellers having to pay the buyer’s agents comm...